Molds are not just unpleasant to look at, but they also impose serious damages to your building structure. They destroy the grout and also stain the porous surfaces. On addition, they also impose serious threats to your health as well as other habitats of your home and office. Naming a few of the disorders you suffer from are- skin irritation and allergies, respiratory disorders, sinus infections and others. Hence it is necessary to keep both your office and home free from them by adhering to certain natural cleaning methods. This article aims at offering you a brief idea about how to get rid of mold naturally.
5 Household Tips For Removing Molds
Here is a brief on five tips that you can follow for removing molds:
- Dry Up– Molds thrive in damp areas of your home such as the kitchen and bathrooms. To get rid of them, you can make use of dehumidifiers. Also, ensure that any fault in the plumbing system is repaired at the earliest so as to prevent the growth of mildew and molds in those areas which are hard to reach such as under cabinets and behind the walls. Make it your habit to regularly air out both your office and home on a regular basis by keeping the doors and windows open. Use can also use the ventilation fans for dry up the moisture-prone rooms.
- Use of Tea Tree Oil- You must not know, but tea tree oil has been recognized by scientists as an effective natural fungicide. Hence for using this oil for killing molds and retarding their growth, you need to add about 10 to 12 drops of the oil to a water-filled spray bottle. Then spray this solution over the hard surfaces whereby molds have grown up. You will enjoy the results of using this oil. Well, you will be required to scrub the area a bit. However, with repeated usage of this solvent, you will be able to get rid of the fungus in a reliable manner.
- Clean The Air– Few spores of molds in the home will ensure less growth of the same. You need to go with the purchase decision of a quality enriched air purifier so as to ensure that the air circulating within the house is clean. You can also go ahead with the installation of mold catching filters in the AC return vent.
- Distilled Ethanol- In case you dislike the aroma of vinegar; you can go ahead with any fermented liquid. Vodka that you drink to keep your body warm is highly effective in killing molds. Also, this stuff is cheap and easy to be used.
- Use of Vinegar- Vinegar that you use for cooking food is another natural and effective mold cleaner– surprisingly, not just for cleaning the mold growing in your bathrooms and kitchen but also through the entire home. According to its composition, vinegar is regarded as a natural antimicrobial solvent and therefore doesn’t require anything to be mixed so as to enhance its mold removal capability. Fill the spray bottle with pure vinegar and apply it over mold-prone areas. Leave it over there for sometime and then cleans the surface with sponge or cloth.
Now, that you are aware of some household tips to drive away mold, don’t let them grow and spoil the appeal and value of your home.